Chesapeake Airsoft Association

Uniting the airsoft community in Maryland, DE, PA, NJ & VA

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_157&product...

I know alot of people think that airsoft snipers are dumb....and for noobs but i personally like them and was wondering what you guys think?

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

-dification to get a 12"x12" grouping at that range though.

390 with a .20g bb. We play on Ballahack Rules. Also polarstars don't have a huge fps drop with higher grams like aegs do. So if you chrono at 390 with .2, your at like 375 with .25, and 360 with .3. And this is amped airsofts test. Not mine personally. Although Rodd, one of the guys I know who is a technician from Polarstar who builds them, he runs .28g and can reach out to 300ft.
And depending on you're fcu setting and if you're running on closed bolt, you can hit a real steel silhouette target from 300 feet yes.

I really can't say for a 100% certainty that it hits over 300ft. I don't have a range finder, nor the time to actually measure it out. But i will say, I can shoot twice as far as any other AEG that I have played against or with. If its not 300ft, it certainly is a significant difference to where you want to purchase the barrel setup I listed. I was talking to Matt from East Coast about it the other day, getting his opinion on it too. But if you read online about P* and barrel setups, multiple people have achieved at least 300ft with different combinations.

Your P* has joule creep if it is shooting 360 with a 0.30g when it chronoed 390 with a 0.20g. You probably aren't doing it purposefully, though some P* users do it purposefully, but your gun is shooting hotter than it is supposed to.

Fields try to set the FPS limit of their field based on joules, which is typically 1.49J (400 FPS with a 0.20g). A 360 FPS 0.30g BB has 1.81J. Without meaning to, you are shooting above the joule limit permitted by the field.

I'm afraid that I cannot believe your 300 ft range claim. P* are certainly capable of it, as are high tuned AEGs, but unless you measure the distance out your claim is unsubstantiated. Also, the difference between walking/arcing a BB to its target at 300 ft is much different compared to an aimed shot at 300 ft.

Is 300 ft possible? Yes. Is your gun capable of 300 ft range? Not yet proven.

I can't say it is proven. Also ballahack doesn't measure on joules just fps alone. I have only had my p* for a month so I don't know that much about it. But according to Amped Airsofts test and talking to them for a while on it, they can hit 300 ft with a pretty flat trajectory. But I mean with even a aeg to get distance u always tune ur hop for a slight upward arch so it then slightly dives to the target.

A slight upward arch is understandable. That's how all ballistics work. However, both you and I know the difference when somebody is taking an aimed shot and when someone is "walking" their BBs to a target.

Yes sir. Btw are you on a team? Id love your knowledge with helping our team lmao.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, yes. I'm a member of the Guardian Angels Airsoft Team (GAAT) based in Maryland. However, I'm always happy to help anybody out if they have questions.

Sweet. You have James on you're team I believe. Our teams should get together sometime and do some training or play some friendly games!

Yes. James has moved from the team sniper to the team DMR while I have taken up the role of the sniper. After six years of being a rifleman, I decided to move on to something more challenging.

Definitely! We could even measure out and confirm the range of your P* then, so you can brag with confidence about its capabilities.

I was surprised to see my name on a 'never-heard-of' discussion, and hurried in. :) Excellent discussion! As you guys had mentioned, one of the reason P* guns appear to outgun many AEGs is because of that energy creep. Due to the usage of large-bore barrel in P* guns, the difference of amount of energy creep is noticeable between P* guns and AEGs. Many P* users unknowingly (and some knowingly) take advantage of it.

Brandon, I will bring a laser range finder and a chronograph for our future joint game so that we could verify the range of all of our guns! It should be fun!

RSS

Sponsors

Get a Patch!

Social Media

Connect With Us!
Tag us @chesapeakeairsoft
Hashtag #chesapeakeairsoft

© 2009-2015 Chesapeake Airsoft Association. All rights reserved.   Created by Matt G.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Webify
East Coast Airsoft Top Airsoft Websites
------------------ -->